Pelikan Souveran M1000 Black Fountain Pen Broad
|Not presently in stock. Expected release date is 17th Apr 2015|
In the year 1929 Pelikan was the first company in the world to introduce the differentiated piston mechanism. This technique causes the spindle inside the fountain pen to turn quicker than the end piece of the barrel, with the help of two different threads. To this date, this fountain pen exists in many different variations, and though it has been developed in design and technical details over time, the basic mechanism remains the same.
Only few years after the first Souveran model was launched on the market, the Souveran in black was introduced in 1985. The main difference between this pen and its predecessors is that the sleeve is not striped. The barrel is made of entirely black high-grade resin. The view window of the ink container that is set off in a shade of transparent green as well as its gold plating give this fountain pen an individual character and the nostalgic aura of an original classic pen.
The Pelikan M1000 is the largest pen in the Souveran line. A piston filler with 24 karat gold plating, a high-quality resin casing and a viewing window to monitor the ink level. The nibs of the Souveran M1000 piston fillers are made of 18 karat/750 gold. All nibs are refined with a rhodium decor and their writing qualities are tested by hand. The M1000 fountain pens are equipped with a differential piston-filling mechanism, elaborated with high-quality brass components.
- High quality resin casing
- Gold-plated Pelikan clip
- All fittings gold-plated
- Gold-plated double rings at the ink-handle
- Gold-plated decorative ring in the front section
- Pelikan laser engraved on the cap band
- Hand-crafted, finely engraved 18 karat gold broad nib with rhodium decoration
- Piston filling mechanism with solid brass components in the mechanism
- Handsomely packaged in a high-class silk-lined card box together with an ink bottle
- Pelikan Use and Care Guide located in the box
- Pelikan Limited Three Year Warranty
- 5 3/4 inches long capped
- 6 3/4 inches long with the cap posted on the end of the barrel
- 5/8 inches across (a large, wide pen)
- Weight: 1.1 oz (a medium weight pen)
Made in Germany
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE