Pelikan Souveran M800 Black/Green Fountain Pen Medium
|Not presently in stock. Expected release date is 30th Mar 2015|
In the year 1929 Pelikan was the first company in the world to introduce the differentiated piston mechanism. This technique causes the spindle inside the fountain pen to turn quicker than the end piece of the barrel, with the help of two different threads. To this date, this fountain pen exists in many different variations, and though it has been developed in design and technical details over time, the basic mechanism remains the same.
In 1950, the model 400 was launched. With its green-striped sleeve, it has become a world-wide symbol for the brand of Pelikan. In the eighties, the series was baptized Souveran. The production of the sleeve is work-intensive. Adhering to a special Pelikan recipe, the raw material cotton is processed through many different steps until it is shaped into a striped sheet. It is then formed into the right shape, cut and sanded with a diamond. Next, the characteristic double clips at the back of the barrel and on the cap are integrated into the material. This is done with the highest precision in order to obtain a virtually seamless transition between the materials. The writing instrument is then polished to a high sheen before the slightly springy clip with its famous, stylized Pelikan is mounted.
The Pelikan M800 is the second largest pen in the Souveran line. A piston filler with 24 karat gold plating, a high-quality resin casing and a transluscent green-striped sleeve to monitor the ink level. The nibs of the Souveran M800 piston fillers are made of 18 karat/750 gold. All nibs are refined with a rhodium decor and their writing qualities are tested by hand. The M800 fountain pens are equipped with a differential piston-filling mechanism, elaborated with high-quality brass components.
- High quality resin casing with green-striped sleeve
- Gold-plated Pelikan clip
- All fittings gold-plated
- Gold-plated double rings at the ink-handle
- Gold-plated decorative ring in the front section
- Pelikan laser engraved on the cap band
- Hand-crafted, finely engraved 18 karat gold medium nib with rhodium decoration
- Piston filling mechanism with solid brass components in the mechanism
- Handsomely packaged in a high-class silk-lined card box
- Pelikan Use and Care Guide located in the box
- Pelikan Limited Three Year Warranty
- 5 9/16 inches long capped
- 6 3/8 inches long with the cap posted on the end of the barrel
- 1/2 inches across (a large, wide pen)
- Weight: 1.1 oz (a medium weight pen)
Made in Germany
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE