The Metropolitan Museum of Art Russian Imperial Blue Fountain Pen
Peter Carl Fabergé (Russian, 1846 – 1920) was only twenty-six years old when he took over his father’s jewelry business in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 1872. Fabergé’s workshops produced a wide variety of "objets d’art", including magnificent jewelry, clocks, enamel cigarette cases, boxes, and frames.
Fabergé was the world’s greatest master of guilloche enameling, a time-intensive technique, in which polychrome enamel is layered over circular, straight, or wave patterns engraved on metal. The enamel is translucent, allowing light to penetrate and reflect off the metal, which shimmers as light catches it from different angles. Combining exquisite guilloche enameling with precious metals and stones, Fabergé brought it to the very heights of luxury, making it one of the decorative techniques most favored by the elite of Edwardian society.
The Museum’s pen, crafted of 24K gold overlay with lacquer, is based on a gold picture frame with guilloche enamel in the Museum’s collection, created by Fabergé’s studios before 1899.
The highlight of the pen is the smooth writing two-tone stainless steel medium nib. Brass base metal body with gold plate accents.
Handsomely packaged in a wooden gift box. Uses the smooth writing Waterford fountain pen refills or an included converter for use with bottled ink. One refill is included, in the pen. Limited 1 Year Warranty.
Proceeds from the sale of this product are used to support The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- All brass construction
- Russian Imperial Blue design on cap and barrel
- Gold plate trim
- Two-tone gold plated stainless steel medium nib
- Packaged in a wooden gift box
- Uses International type fountain pen refills
- Includes 1 International type fountain pen refill, in the pen, and 1 bottled ink converter in the box with the pen
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- 5 1/2 inches long with the cap on
- 6 1/8 inches long with the cap posted on the end of the barrel
- 1/2 inches across (a chunky pen)
- Weight: 1.3 oz (a medium weight pen)
Made in Taiwan
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE